Personal Information We collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as "Device Information".
Information Provided by Users
- Your Account Information: you provide your email, or log in for a third-party account (like Facebook), to create an online or application account ("Account") or subscribe to our communications. If you refuse to provide such information, you may not be able to use the Services properly. When creating your Account, you may be asked to enter certain information, such as: your name, avatar, age, gender, address, telephone number and email address.
- Customer Support: when you contact us or start a claim on the product page, you may provide us your information including your product and contact details like emails, cellphones, living addresses, so that we can help you with your specific issue.
- Your device and browser data: we collect your device data including IP address, operating system version, device type and browser data like browser type from device and application that you use to access our services.
- Referral information: we record information about the source that referred you to us if you arrive at a Ampeak website from an external source (such as a link on another website or in an email).
Information Collected by Others Automatically
- Device properties and operations: we collect certain information from and about your smartphone, tablet, or personal computer (“Device”), such as: Device number, model, hardware and software version, signal intensity, Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, and other information. We also collect information about the operations you perform on the Device, such as time, frequency, and duration of use.
- Device signals: we collect information that your Device sends out or receives to tailor the Services to our users in different regions, such as: geo-location, IP addresses, and external hardware information from your Device about surrounding Wi-Fi access points, beacons, and cell towers. You can enable and disable communicating such information to us by adjusting your Device security and privacy settings.
- Server logs: a server log is a list of the activities that a server performs. Ampeak’s servers automatically collect and store in server logs certain information, such as: your search queries, IP addresses, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, referral URL, and certain cookies that identify your browser or Account.
- Web beacons: a web beacon (also called a pixel tag or clear GIF) is computer code that communicates information from your Device to a server. Some of Ampeak’s Services and communications may contain embedded web beacons that allow a server to read certain types of information from your Device, such as: the number of people who have viewed certain content, when you opened an email message, and your Device IP address. Web beacons help Anker develop statistical information to provide better and more personalized content.
- Cookies: Cookies are small text files that are sent to or accessed from your web browser or your computer’s hard drive. A cookie typically contains the name of the domain (internet location) from which the cookie originated, the "lifetime" of the cookie (i.e., when it expires) and a randomly generated unique number or similar identifier. A cookie also may contain information about Device, such as: user settings, browsing history, and activities conducted while using the Services.
Our Services use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies, which are required for the operation of the Services. Without them, for example, you would not be able to use your Account.
- Analytical/performance cookies, which allow Ampeak to recognize and count the number of visitors, learn how visitors navigate the Services, and improve the Services.
- Functionality cookies, which Ampeak uses to recognize you when you return to the Services.
To learn more about cookies and web beacons, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Analytics services: Ampeak also uses analytic services, such as Google Analytics, to collect and analyze your information. Generally analytics services do not identify individual users. Many analytics services allow you to opt out of data collection. For example, to learn more about Google Analytics practices and to opt out, visit www.google.com/settings/ads
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
- To approve your registration: we use your email address or other information to approve your registration account.
- To process the transactions: we use your information to process payments you make through the Services.
- To improve our site: we use your information to send periodic emails, newsletters, important notifications or show you the advertisements for our products or third-party products, and services, such as new product information, special deals.
- For security and anti-fraud purposes: we use your information to verify Account details and activities like online transactions. We also use your information for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes, including pre-screening or scanning upload contents for potentially illegal contents like child sexual exploitation materials, to protect our customers and our services.
- For communications: we use your information such as email address, name, location, cellphone, to contact and communicate with you about product usage or issues to help you deal with problems. We may also use your information including date of birth and gender to verify the identification of users and to determine appropriate services, including to determine the age and gender of Ampeak product holders.
- Accessing Third-Party Accounts: we use your information to permit your product and services to access the third-party accounts that may allow you to share personal information through services. For example, the posts or pictures you share on Facebook, Twitter or other social media, can be public. So, please be cautious about the contents you share on the third-party and adjust your Third-Party Account privacy settings appropriately.
How We Protect Your Information?
When you enter, submit or access your personal information, we will take various security measures to maintain the security of your personal information.
How is this information shared?
- Third-party providers: we share your information with third-party providers that we work with to help us operate, provide, analyze, improve, understand, customize, support, and market the Services.
- Third-party services: when you use third-party services, such as through Third-Party Accounts that integrate with the Products and Services, they may receive your information. When you use third-party services, their own terms and privacy policies will apply to your use of these services.
- Regulatory and legal issues: we may also release your information to third parties when we believe it is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our terms and policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Children's and Minors' Privacy
- The products or services don’t apply to minors:“Minors”, according to the legal requirements of EU member states, are individuals under the age of 13 (or under a higher age if permitted by the laws of their residence). Our products and services are not intended for minors. You must obtain the written permission content from your parent or legal guardian before using this product and service. Our products and services will protect minor’s personal information according to laws or related regulations.
- We protect juveniles’ personal information: we will delete or destroy the information that we received any information directly from a minor based on the requirements of applicable law. If you are minor and are not able to delete any content that you submitted to us, you may send a removal request to us via email@example.com. When you contact us, please tell us the specific removal requirements, such as the URL for each page where the information was entered so that we can find it and remove it fast.
- Information that we may not delete includes 1) information that we must protect according to laws or regulations. 2) information not posted directly by you. 3) information that is anonymized so that you cannot be identified. 4) you don’t remove your information according to our instructions. 5) you provide information for compensation or other consideration.
How long will the data be stored?
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our site. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
How Can You Contact Ampeak with questions?
If you have any questions or concerns, there are a few ways you can contact us.
Email Us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Skype: +86 1-353-048-7430